Title: Turkey Kiev
Categories: Russian Poultry
Yield: 8 Servings
|1|| ||Garlic clove,chopped|
|8|| ||Whole turkey tenders|
|1|| ||Ham,baked,6 oz piece|
|1 1/2||c||Saltine crumbs|
1. Prepare Herb Butter: Combine wine and garlic in small saucepan. Bring to
boiling; cook about 4 minutes or until almost evaporated. Scrape into bowl
and cool. Stir in parsley, chives, dill, mint, salt, pepper and butter.
Spread butter mixture into 6x2" rectangle on piece of waxed paper. Wrap and
place in freezer until firm.
2. Prepare Kiev: Cut horizontal slit, about 3 1/2", into thick side of
tenders, cutting about 3/4 enough to make pocket. Cut ham into eight
3x1x1/4" pieces. Cut herb butter into 8 pieces 3/4" long.
3. Place 1 piece of ham and butter in each pocket. (If pocket does not
close at seam, cut pockets slightly larger.) Beat together egg and 1
tablespoon melted butter in shallow dish. Combine crumbs and paprika in
second shallow dish.
4. Carefully dip turkey Kievs in egg, then in crumbs to coat. Place in
lightly greased 13x9x2" baking dish. Drizzle with remaining butter.
Refrigerate. Place in freezer 30 minutes before baking.
5. Bake in preheated hot oven (425'F) for 25 minutes. Serve immediately.