|125||g||Salt pork, ham or bacon, chopped|
|1||To 2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1||Chicken, jointed or 6 chicken pieces|
|3/4||Level teaspoon salt|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|1||sm||Bottle red wine(claret or burgundy)|
|1||Level teaspoon sugar|
|2||Level teaspoons flour|
|1/4||c||Finely chopped parsley|
1. heat butter and oil in pan, fry pork, onions, garlic
2. add mushrooms, fry gently, remove ingredients from pan
3. dredge chicken pieces in seasoned flour and saute in the pan for 5 - 10 minutes until well brown.
4. return mushrooms, onions and pork to pan, add salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaves and parsley.
5. cover and cook over low heat for 20 - 30 minutes.
6. warm brandy, ignite and add to the pan, allow to burn for 1 minute, then extinguish by pouring in the red wine. add sugar.
7. blend flour with some of the liquid, add to dish, stir till thickened. serve hot, garnish with finely chopped parsley and mashed potatoes.