|1 1/2||lb||Round steak in 6 thin pieces|
|Salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4||c||+ 2 Tbl Dijon mustard|
|6||sl||Cooked bacon, crumbled|
|6||Dill pickle spears|
|1. P||rehe||at broiler.|
2. lb each piece of beef between two pieces of waxed paper to 6 inch diameter (about 1/8 inch thick); sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place meat on rack in pan 4 inches from heat and broil for 1 minute on each side.
4. Spread each piece of meat with 1 tbs of mustard. Sprinkle evenly with bacon; top with equal amounts of carrot, onion, and 1 pickle spear. Roll up and secure with a wooden toothpick.
5. Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brown meat rolls on all sides.
6. Add 1 inch water to skillet. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, or until beef is tender. Remove to a warm serving dish. Pour the pan juices into a sauce bowl. Remove toothpicks before serving. Pass the sauce separately.
Makes six servings.